With expertise spanning 30 years, our inclusive claims handling service provides your clients’ with end to end assistance and claims handling for their business.
Our Business policy provides your client with a comprehensive range of cover aimed at protecting their business.
We have a specialist claims team on hand to guide your client through the claim process from start to finish providing peace of mind and dedicated expert advice.
Here is a quick guide to the types of claims covered in our business policy:
Any costs and expenses in relation to the defence of legal proceedings arising from/relating to a breach of an employee’s contract of service which will be dealt with in an Employment Tribunal under employment legislation will be covered by MSL.
Employment Compensation Awards
We will pay a basic award and/or a compensatory award which is awarded to an employee either by a Tribunal or through the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) or we will pay an amount agreed by us in settlement of a dispute.
Health and Safety Appeals
Costs and expenses associated with an appeal against the service of an improvement or prohibition notice, a suspension notice or an order of enforcement under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 or under the Food Safety Act 1990 will be paid by MSL.
We will pay the costs and expenses associated with defending an insured person’s rights relating to any:
- Prosecution in a court of criminal jurisdiction brought or commenced against an insured person arising out of health and safety at work, occupational hygiene, food safety hygiene, food legality and the supply of safe goods
- Civil action being taken against an insured person for wrongful arrest in connection with an accusation of theft
- Civil action being taken against an insured person but not under legislation for unlawful dismissal on the grounds of race, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or religious belief arising from that person’s work as an employee and not as a trustee of a pension fund set up for the benefit of your employees
- Civil action for compensation under Section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998
- Appeal against the refusal of the Information Commissioner to register your application for registration
- Insured person being served with an enforcement, de-registration or transfer prohibition notice or information notice or special information notice
Contract Disputes and Debt Recovery
Costs and expenses associated with the pursuit or defence of legal proceedings relating to an agreement or alleged agreement that an insured person has entered for the buying, selling or hiring of any goods or services will be covered by MSL.
We will pay the costs and expenses associated with the pursuit or defence of legal proceedings relating to:
- An incident which causes or could cause physical damage to the buildings
- Any unlawful interference of your use or enjoyment or right of the buildings
- The landlord’s failure to maintain the buildings
For each day that an insured person is required to attend any Court or Tribunal at the request of an appointed representative, we will pay the actual loss of the salary or wages of an insured person for the time off work – provided that such salary or wages are not recoverable from the relevant Court, tribunal or other party.
We will pay the costs and expenses associated with the defence of legal proceedings relating to:
- A tax enquiry or cross-tax enquiry
- An investigation by HM Revenue and Customs of your clients’ compliance with Pay As You Earn regulations
- An appeal to a VAT Tribunal following an assessment by HMRC
We will pay the costs and expenses in relation to an appeal against a statutory licensing authority following an act or omission which leads to the suspending, revoking, altering the terms of or refusal to renew a statutory licence.
We will pay the costs and expenses associated with the pursuit of legal proceedings in respect of any incident causing bodily injury to or death of an insured person – provided that the claim is the result of a sudden and specific incident.
Claims can be reported 24 hours a day, 365 days a year via our exclusive online broker portal, Connect, where you can also track the progress of a current claim.